19 March 2015

Mission Burrito




Burrito experience No. Two and I still have yet to try Chipotle! - Don't think I'm doing a good job at being a good food blogger haha
I have to admit, I don't think I can get used to the fast paced ordering style at burrito joints... too many choices, with so little time! Nevertheless, here's a review for Mission Burrito's Veggie Burrito



I chose to have a brown (wholemeat) tortilla instead of white (flour) - I'm in this health kick at the moment - with veggie filling. The veggie filling consisted of; rice, black beans and sauteed mixed peppers with red onions.
I also added in guacamole (70p extra), tomato and herb mix, shredded lettuce and their salsa verde.

The burrito size justified the cost. It was very filling and I already felt quite content about half way through eating and as usual, it was messy to eat. By the time I got to the bottom half, the burrito was quite cool, so I assume you're meant to chump down on your burrito fast if you want to eat it at a somewhat warm-lukewarm temperature.

Mission Burrito do also provide tap water, cutlery and - from what I saw was available - three hot sauces: 'original', 'chili garlic' and 'chipotle' (the chipotle sauce was definitely my favourite!)

Quick note on the interior, it's really small! I'd say this branch is frequent for take-aways because I'm not too sure where surges of dine-in customers would sit (unless there's more seating downstairs).
There's a really informal ambiance to the restaurant, with its colourful posters and bright wooden seating areas, which is quite reminiscent of Tortilla's furniture. 







Price: £5.45

Price Range: £

It's not as modern and hip as Tortilla but Mission Burrito provides a simple, no-added-frills burrito experience
Rating: 3/5



Hope you enjoyed this blog post! Don't forget to comment below of your thoughts or recommendations of other restaurants and cafes to try out!

Keep updated with new blog posts by following me on 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment