9 September 2016

The Refinery Bankside


I'm back at it again, after a year of absence - oops!
I come back with a skinny burger and potato fries... is that a health kick I hear?



I have to admit, this is not the best come backs to blogging.
Despite the great location and the cool ambience and interior, the foods was tilted more on the mediocre side.

The interior of the restaurant was very interesting. I'd like to say it's very "hipster" like, with wooden tables and a variety of chairs. Furthermore, there are the visible pipes on the ceiling, which adds to their aesthetics.

I ordered the skinny cheeseburger with avocado and a side of sweet potato fries. I have to say, this is not the first time I've ordered a free bun burger and I was quite disappointed with this one. 
The burger itself was dry and I wasn't feeling the tomato slices on the side. 
Also, I didn't like how the avocado still had its skin - I may sound slightly brattish but for a pretty nice restaurant, I wouldn't have thought I'd have to peel the avocado myself.
You can probably tell by the photo how unimpressive it was... I mean, it didn't look at all appetising. 

Nevertheless, the potato fries were quite good and the portion was agreeable as well.

My friend, Ateeb, got the salmon. He thought the salmon was good, it had enough moisture and the spinach and roasted cherry tomatoes really complimented each other. You can't really go wrong with salmon.
One of the drawbacks of his meal was the portion. It just wasn't filling enough and the price wasn't justifiable. 

Overall, I'd recommend coming here for drinks.






Price List:
Skinny Burger - £8.95 (extra charge for the avocado)
Sweet Potato Fries - £4.50
N.B I forget how much the salmon was and I can't seem to find it on their menu online

Rating: 2/5
Price Range: ££
Branch: Bankside

Hope you enjoyed this blog post! Don't forget to comment below of your thoughts or recommendations of other restaurants and cafes to try out!

Keep updated with new blog posts by following me on

No comments:

Post a Comment