4 June 2015

La Bodeguita


My first Colombian experience and I have to admit, very impressed!


I really recommend this restaurant not just for the food, but for the atmosphere as well.
It's really informal and has a really nice casual vibe to it. The music really makes you want to dance and you can really tell that customers are really enjoying themselves.
I really do wish I went on a weekend as I've heard that there are live bands and also DJs.

The drinks that we got were alright for me. I think that the Postobons were definitely a kid's dream come true because they were so sweet! Both flavours were great but I don't think I'll get them again.
The Mojito was alright... if you dilute it a bit with water. The alcohol was so strong that when I first took a sip, I think I got slightly affected already (bit of a lightweight). Nevertheless, after diluting it with a bit of water, it tasted so much better. I guess if you want to get drunk, this might be a good choice for you haha.

Empanadas were sooooo good! I think I would just come back here just to eat another empanada! The spicy sauce that came with it was also really nice! You can really taste the various ingredients they've concocted together and then... BANG, the spiciness hits you.

I ordered the Medallones Bodeguita, which was really delicious! The mushrooms were really good and worked well with the Argentine meat. However, it would have been more amazing if there was more sauce because by the time I got to the second piece of meat, I had ran out of sauce and it started to taste slightly dry. Nonetheless, you should definitely try it! - Just order more sauce on the side.

There was a mishap with the ordering and Nicole ended up with the Bandeja Paisa. She described the meal as the representation of the general Colombian cuisine: Meat.
I did try the kidney beans, which looks like soup in the picture, and it was really good! Nicole did say that if you do ever order this meal, you should order the child's size instead, unless you're really hungry or have a larger appetite.
She didn't get to finish the whole plate because she was already stuffed - just comes to show the great value for money for this meal!





Price List:
Empanada - £1.15~ (each)
Medallones Bodeguita - £13.50
Bandeja Paisa - £13.50
Mojito - £6.50
Postobon (Colombiana and Uva Flavour) - £2.20~

Rating: 4/5
Price Range: ££
Branch: Elephant and Castle, London

Hope you enjoyed this blog post! Don't forget to comment below of your thoughts or recommendations of other restaurants and cafes to try out!

Keep updated with new blog posts by following me on

No comments:

Post a Comment