21 October 2014

New Culture Evolution

This restaurant has been here for as long as I can remember and I really wanted it to be better than what I had experienced last time I came, which was over 10 years ago, aaannndd... I guess some things just don't change.
PS: I wasn’t sure if this was meant to be a Chinese restaurant but I am going to have to assume it is since the menu includes Chinese translations.


Regarding the atmosphere and interior, you couldn’t tell if it was an Oriental restaurant or not, unless you look at the contents of the table: soy sauce and chopsticks.
It is a small restaurant and I have to say, it doesn’t make the effort to look nice at all.
It has a really simple interior, with the notable wooden furniture, which made the atmosphere itself, seem really boring.
There wasn’t even any background music or anything, so when someone ordered a juice or smoothie, the sound of them making it just really fills the room.
I have to admit, it’s a good place to eat by yourself – which I did – and from the other customers, I think they thought so too.




The food really confused me as well.
The noodles that I ordered, I assumed would be Chinese but it tasted more like a Vietnamese Pho.
Therefore, I used my initiative to compare the noodles that I got to Pho that I’ve stated. Outcome being that the noodles from New Culture Revolution is very subpar.
The main thing that really disappointed me about it was that it was lukewarm. Normally, noodles with a soup based would be quite hot so that by the time you got to the soup, it’ll still be lukewarm to sip… but in this case, you’re going to have to waste a below average broth – I don’t exactly like wasting food… even if its cold.
The only benefit would have to be that the portions were good.




The spring rolls seriously annoyed me.
Even though it was a set menu, I would have expected to be served at least 2 spring rolls.
In reality, they gave me one which was cut into two pieces.
That was a serious middle finger to a person who enjoys food.
In retrospect, that single spring roll did taste really good.


I’ll have to say, they mentioned to another customer that the restaurant makes their own chilli sauce, which is quite impressive because despite their disappointing food, their chilli sauce was really good! The other diner next to me asked for an extra portion of chilli sauce.

SET MENU: £8
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
SPRING ROLLS
JASMIN TEA
Interior: 2/5
Atmosphere: 2/5
Drinks: 2/5
Food: 3/5

Overall Rating: 2.5/5
Price Range: £

Hope you enjoyed this blog post! Don't forget to comment below of your thoughts or recommendations of other restaurants and cafes to try out!

Keep updated with new blog posts by following me on

No comments:

Post a Comment