26 August 2014

Cheddar Gorge, Somerset, England


Hey Guys!
I recently went to England's largest gorge: Cheddar Gorge, which houses Gough's Cave, Cox's Cave and the Cliff-Top Gorge Walk.
It took three hours to get to Somerset from London. The journey wasn't that bad and we didn't encounter any traffic.. Phew!
Gough's Cave was very informative and so beautiful to see. I specially liked Cheddar Man, the skeleton, and the variety of chambers and rock formations. I have to say, my parents were slightly inappropriate because some of the rock formations looks like male private parts... so mature. 




Cox's Cave was significantly smaller but still very beautiful and the lighting and music made the atmosphere very interesting. The cave also houses the Crystal Quest, which makes the whole cave experience very entertaining for the kids. There's the "Lord of Darkness", with his minions, and his dragon! 





When you get out of the Cox's Cave, you'll come across the entrance to Jacob's Lookout Tower. 
It was soooo tiring on the way up, with 274 steps, I felt like I was going to pass out when I got to the top haha. Once you get to the top though, you should definitely walk around the trails and go up the Lookout Tower - the views were so pretty!
I didn't go for the Cliff-Top Gorge Walk, but it sounded really nice.





There were a number of small independent shops, which you should definitely check out! There was a Cheddar Shop, which sell really nice cheddar cheese! They have a variety of flavours... we got the Cheddar and Pineapple cheese which is very nice! Also, just walking around the area is just so pretty.



You should definitely not miss out on climbing up the sides of the gorge! There were a lot of people doing this behind the car park area and I have to say, it was so thrilling to get up quite high but I actually thought I was going to die on the way down... It was very slippery because of the lack of friction. 


Hope you enjoyed this blog post! Don't forget to comment below of your thoughts or recommendations of places to visit!

Keep updated with new blog posts by following me on


No comments:

Post a Comment