24 April 2014

New Malden and H Mart



Hey Guys! This will be my first post in the new Travel Series!
One of my favourite things to do is to travel and I'd love to share my experiences with you guys!
I have to confess, I wasn't planning doing a post on this but I just felt like I had to share it, albeit the lack of pictures and material etc.
Hope you like it anyhooowwww


New Malden is most commonly known as "Korea Town" and it's sort of a treck to get there for me.
From Fulham Broadway, we took the District Line going to Wimbledon and got off there as well. We then took a train from Wimbledon (Platform 8) going to Guildford and subsequently got off at New Malden.

The New Malden station is right on the high street, so you can start exploring the area from there (the high st is on the left of the station). It is quite small, although there was a Seoul Plaza corner shop there as well as various Korean restaurants and hair dressers.

We had lunch at Sorabol Restaurant. We ordered: Fried Dumplings £6// Tteokbokki £7.50 // Bulgogi Beef Barbecue £7.50 // Bowl of Rice £2 // Honey Plum Tea £2 [I got these prices from their restaurant, but I think some of the dishes went up by 50p]



The restaurant was alright. It was fun that they cooked the beef in front of us and the side dishes that came with the meal were also nice e.g. the kimchee, beans and potatoes.
The Tteokbokki was a good enough portion for the three of us, as well as the dumplings.. however, the beef, you'd definitely have to order at least 2 for 3 people.
I highly recommend the Honey Plum Tea, it's my favourite whenever I go to Korean restaurants - although they don't give you a teapot so you won't be able to refill you cup for free T_T
The service was good and the whole ambiance was nice too.

After, we decided to head straight to the place we centered our outing on: H Mart.
I know you may think: " a supermarket?!" but seriously. Asian supermarkets are awesome.
Anyway, we got the 131 going towards Kingston and I can't remember when we got off but I think we past a Dreams store just before we got off.
The supermarket was really good and they sold a variety of sweet and savoury food. I enjoyed the snacks section very much and bought a few things [pictured below]. They also sold kpop albums and other Asian foodstuff.

Don't EVER get this. I think this is called Cinnamon Punch. It's a drink that is just.... just... no. It's so sweet and the cinnamon taste is so strong. I love cinnamon but this is just... no. 


 The Drumstix (the x is just cringe) were alright. They didn't taste quite like chicken but they had a familiar taste. The packaging was excessive but the actual crisp was cute. The inside of the drumstick was hollow but it had an edible taste anyhow. Rating: 3/5 (won't be repurchasing)
This wasn't so bad. I got it because my friend was buying one and it looked quite nice from the box. It has this taste which I can't quite describe but I'd rate it a 3

This is one of my favourite Bubble Tea drinks! This one is the only Bubble Tea that I like drinking hot - you need boiling water for it. It comes with its own straw and its jelly and it just tastes amaaazzziiinnnggg 5/5

I've tried Korean Collagen Essence Masks before and they do wonders for your skin! They really soften and tone down blemishes - I might do a review for you if you'd like :)


I would recommend you visit the supermarket if you're in need of Oriental ingredients or supplies
I shall definitely be returning to H Mart hopefully after exam season!
Hope you enjoyed this blog post!

Make sure to follow me on

1 comment:

  1. wow really nice impressions!!


    x Maria
    New outfit up on my blog
    featuring the perfect high waist shorts
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete